Queen

Queen

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Shine On

This blog is called the rising of a queen because of my quest to elevate my mental, spiritual, and physical self to a place of royalty. I am not seeking to be or be treated like Queen Elizabeth, living in an elaborate palace removed from the people. I am aiming to be more like the Queen of Sheba of Ethiopia-a seeker of wisdom or Queen Nyahbinghi of Uganda-a warrior with my ultimate goal being to be like Empress Menen of Ethiopia, the Mother of Creation. In my journey, I am careful to remember that I rule no one, my life is my crown, and I am better than no one.

I've never sought the spotlight. In six years of television production and two years as a drama major, I always focused on behind the scenes work. Even in my work with youth, I have understood that my purpose is to shine the light on them. As a manager, I've always felt responsible for mentoring staff and giving them opportunities to shine. I've never felt I was meant for the spotlight, a trait usually foreign to aries, which is probably why I put writing on hold for so many years, even though it is my passion.

Does any of this make me better than anyone? Absolutely not. There are those who are meant for the spotlight, who thrive in it. It would make my purpose meaningless if there weren't. But what I've learned is that there is enough light for everyone, in fact, we all have moments in which we shine because we are all miraculous creatures with varying talents, skills, and knowledge that are vitally linked to one another.

I often find myself unwittingly in the midst of a competition I neither entered nor know the rules. Although competition can be a healthy motivator and even fun, it need not turn us against one another. We are all in this boat together and if I help you row, I will get there too. I see the success of those I help as my own success. I have no need to step into the light because when they shine I can see the way clearly. At any rate, we are all light ourselves. We don't need a spotlight on us because it is already in us...we just need to let it shine. Make no mistake, I have my own little light, and I'm gonna let it shine...but I'll probably be shining it on you. Love & LIGHT.






No comments:

Post a Comment