Queen

Queen

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Solo but Not So Low

This trod to the throne can be a lonely one. When we make certain choices, changes, and decisions in our lives, we are often met with opposition, ostracizing, and isolation. I have found that since I have embarked upon this journey with earnestness, many have pulled away from me. The remarkable thing that has happened as a result, is that I have been blessed by the kindness of strangers.  Where those I know and care about have dropped me, there have been a few strangers who have picked me up. So as lonely as I have been, I have never been alone. My Father the Mighty King is always with me, and often sends others for extra strength.

In the past few months, "strangers" have given me unsolicited rides when I was without a car, encouragement and support, prayer in my times of need, laughter when I was sad, even gifts that I couldn't even begin to repay. These are people I've met through work and yes, people from those social networking sites. I call them strangers, but they really aren't. We are all connected, as I've often said, and I am getting to know these new friends, these new brothers and sisters of mine. Some are people I knew from the past who are revealing to me things I never knew about them, others, I feel like I knew in another lifetime. It's the kindness of these not so strange people that has kept me strong during a time when those from whom  I expected support, encouragement, and help have made it clear that our "friendship" was false.

Expectations can cause a lot of disappointment. We need to remind ourselves that the only thing we should expect is for the will of Jah, God, Allah, Buddha, the Ogun, the Universe to be done. We have expectations because we believe other people will or should behave or think the same way we do. We are all different individuals who, though we are connected, are not yet all on the same frequency. The other day, someone defined a "cipher" as 360 degrees of energy and when there are many people, they are connected "to watch each others' backs" and that it was an "impenetrable force." He was, of course, speaking of his "cipher" of friends, but what he failed to realize, or reveal, is that the world is a cipher. We are ALL connected, and we should all "have each other's backs". Instead, these "ciphers," cliques, collectives, posses, groups, gangs, are used to separate, alienate, intimidate, berate, negate, and irritate others. But the largest "cipher," the biggest collective, is the universe. All of the breakout groups in the world can't separate us.

So my meditation for this blessed sabbath day is not about letting go of ones who have left my love, respect, and support go unrequited.  It is about rejoicing and giving thanks for the gift of those blessed souls who have strengthened my resolve and filled my heart for this journey. I am not angry with the ones who have left me, it is the will of my Father. It is all in divine order. I may "fly solo" on many legs of this journey, as it is part of the training, but I will never be so low, thanks to the angels who are revealing themselves to me. You know who you are, if you don't, ask me. Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment