Queen

Queen

Friday, July 22, 2011

Calling All Conscious and Compassionate Warriors!!

It is my desire in life to do something great, for humanity. By great, I don't just mean wonderful, but also big-impactful. The greatest thing I can think of is to spread my Father the Mighty King's message of love, unity, and peace. The next greatest thing is to serve my brothers and sisters. I have found it to be quite rewarding, literally. I am conscious of the connection between the good one does/gives and the good one receives. Perhaps this is why some of the people who inspire me have seen such success. In my mission to do something great I am in need of help from these inspiring souls, again. This is my open letter to them.


Greetings and Honor:

I would like to first give thanks to the Most High, I call Him Jah-Jehovah, for giving you all your gifts and enabling you to share them with the world. Those of you to whom I write have had a tremendous impact on my life, some of you more than you will know. It is your spirit of love, oneness, truth, and reverence for humanity that has compelled me to call on you for assistance. Please note, I am calling ON you, NOT calling you out, because you have already shown me evidence that you care about humanity.

I'll get to the point. There is a catastrophic famine happening in Somalia, Africa. Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda are among countries in a vast African region being affected by severe drought.* This famine has been slowly coming on for months. The problem is, it is not considered a famine until

                        -the situation on the ground reaches level five
                         on the Integrated Phase Classification 
                         (IPC) system. This means:

                       -at least 20% of the population has access to
                        fewer than 2,100 kilocalories of food  a  day

                       -acute malnutrition in more than 30% of children

                       -two deaths per 10,000 people, or four
                        child deaths per 10,000 children every day**

I don't know about you, but for me, that is much too late. Plus, "It is usually up to governments to declare a famine. But in the case of Somalia, the UN stepped in because of the lack of central government."**  On Wednesday, July 21, 2011, the United Nations officially declared a famine. Up until then, I could not find any news coverage of it in the U.S. Today, there is still very little. I can inudate you with facts, statistics, and pictures of the crisis that I have found on several foreign media and humanitarian aid sites, but I won't. This should be quite enough.

Africa, a continent which many of you sing about and consider home, has become the continent of the forgotten people. The bombing in Oslo today received immediate coverage, while a famine that is on course to becoming the worse in history, and is wiping out entire families, goes unnoticed. Women and children are always the most vulnerable in a crisis like this. So the future and those who give birth to the future are being left to wither.

You have strong voices, voices that have a receptive audience. You have names and faces that are known, revered and respected. You have connections who can make things happen. I am asking you to join me in my mission to help our brothers and sisters in Africa. I am NOT asking you for your money, not directly. Some say time is money, and I am asking for a bit of your time. I say time is precious and controlled by the Most High, so it is of the essence. I am asking you, humbly, to do any of the following 1) Spread the word of the famine so the people can know their help is needed, 2) Consider using your talents as a fund raiser, perhaps a benefit concert, write a single or collaborate and do an album to sell, donate an item for auction at a fund raiser 3) Assist me by directing me to those who can help me get these things done. Oh yes, I am ready, willing and able to do my part.

I am not looking for fame, money, or any accolades or acknowledgement at all. My name and/or presence can be kept out of any endeavor you may choose. I am looking for compassion for our brothers and sisters. Below, I have included some links with more information on the famine and how to help, as well as my email address should you decide to answer this call. Please know, I am like the widow in Luke 18:1-8. I will continue to voice my supplication to Jah, as well as my plea to you, unless you tell me to leave you alone. Feel free to use my email for that as well. I follow and support you all in your endeavors, and I do so for a reason. This is why I am confident that I am on the right path with this. I give humble thanks and honor for your time. Love & Light.

            " It is both the duty and responsibility of the world's fortunate few to help fulfil the legitimate aspirations of the unfortunate many".
 ~His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I


P.S.-To others of you reading, please feel free to forward this to those whom you feel would answer this call.

Empress Ashaki
impressashaki@gmail.com (please note: Empress Ashaki is my pen name)

  *http://www.channel4.com/news/somalis-flee-famine-as-drought-grips-east-africa
**http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14199080

A couple of ways to help:
http://www.actionagainsthunger.org
http://www.unicefusa.org


http://crowningwrites.blogspot.com/2011/07/moon-also-shines-in-africa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment