Queen

Queen

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Don't Get In Too Deep

This post will be my 100th, and I thought it fitting to write about something that has been on my mind for a long time now, your health. Last year we saw quite a few celebrities pass away way too young. With this year barely started, I've seen a couple of friends and/or their loved ones have health issues or health scares. As I see all of these stories about the famous and the un-famous, I also see laced between them pictures of fatty, sugary, unhealthy mounds of food and cocktails overflowing from other friends. It concerns me because I know where that lifestyle leads.

I have hesitated to write this post because I have already experienced the reaction to the suggestion that what most people eat these days will kill them. I am, however, writing from first hand knowledge. I became vegan 3 1/2 years ago because the food I was eating turned my body against me. Here I was well into adulthood having my first surgery. Was it easy to become vegan? Absolutely not. Is it easier now? No. Was it worth it? Definitely. I'm much healthier, more energetic, and losing weight still. But I'm not even pushing veganism, although the planet would benefit greatly if we were all on a plant based diet.

The fast food industry is booming, even in this declining economy. Most of what goes into those "foods" either isn't food at all, or is highly toxic to the body. Non organic meat comes from animals that are fed hormones, non organic produce is laced with poisonous pesticides. Have you ever read a label on the packaged and processed foods you buy? Even foods labeled "all natural" are anything but. It's difficult to avoid harmful additives and chemicals when you try. When you don't try, you're killing yourself slowly.

If you could just challenge yourself to stay away from fast foods, eat organic meat, fruits, and vegetables, curb the fried foods, sweets and alcohol, and move your body for 30 minutes a day, you would be healthier. . I want to see my loved ones (which are all of you) healthy and happy. Investigate what you ingest, limit your splurges, and preserve the vessel that is carrying your spirit. Love, light, and good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment