Queen

Queen

Monday, October 25, 2010

Metamorphosis

I was born a queen, well a princess whose destiny it is to become a queen. The problem is, I was never treated as a queen, or a princess for that matter. I was always treated like a peasant, not worthy, less than, not enough, or too much in some cases, too little sometimes, too me too often. So, I just behaved like I was who people treated me like I was; undeserving, unimportant, unfinished.
I learned the truth a few years ago, the truth about my destiny, my royalty. It was just easier to acquiesce than to rise to my rightful throne. After all, to whom much is given, much is expected. But my Father, the Mighty King has informed me that it's time to come out of hiding. So here I am, all of me in my glory, preparing to emerge out of the dust into the palace.
Just like the caterpillar twists, pushes, and struggles to break out of the cocoon transformed into a beautiful graceful butterfly, I am about to complete my metamorphosis into a queen.
Sometimes for real change to happen, one has to leave what is familiar, comfortable, and safe, and forge into the unknown. This is where I find myself today, hundreds of miles away from the place I had called home all my life, and the people, the only people who have loved me so far. It was my choice, because my Father, the Mighty King, would wait no longer, and the familiar wanted to keep me familiar.
I have embarked upon a journey with a clear vision of the destination, but whether I get there or not, is not important. It is, of course, the journey that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment