Queen

Queen

Friday, October 29, 2010

Power Down

Today three people told me I sounded sad and blue. I don't know why I sounded that way, I didn't feel that way. I did feel a little tired, like I could've stayed in bed all day, but not sad, not blue, just needed time to myself I think. I realize that loneliness is an epidemic these days. People are always on cell phones taking advantage of their unlimited minutes, or texting things to make others lol. Or, they're on theirspace or they're posting their face on some book or tweeting like parakeets. There's even a place they can go and meet up with other lonely strangers and do something they all like.
Some people will say that the digital age has ruined real human connection, and maybe it has in some respects, but for some, I think it has opened up a whole world for them and offered them a way to connect to others. If you're shy, bound to the house by physical or mental illness, or just socially hindered, technology can really be a lifeline.
I'm no different. I have spaces, pages and so forth. I get my money's worth from my cell phone, and yes, because I get lonely too. But I have come to recognize that sometimes, it is good to be alone. For me, I am always with my Father the Mighty King, God, I call Him Jah, and He is always with me. I know He needs some one on one time with me, and I with Him. This is how I am able to evaluate and re-evaluate what I have done and become up until this point. This is how I get my ideas, creativity, correction, revelations, inspirations, and rest.
There is so much stimulation in the world today and it tends to block out the important things, like your own thoughts, your instincts and intuition, the beauty of the sights and sounds of nature. If we would stop and turn the phones and laptops, ipods, ipads, and so forth off, and just listen, we could hear our inner voice telling us that we have everything we need inside of us. Yet we are so intent on blocking out what's real and what matters that we fail to connect with ourselves.
So I figured out that today, what those people were hearing in my voice was my need to disconnect, for a short time, from the outside, and reconnect with the inside. I am thankful to have people with whom to connect, don't get me wrong. That is why I stayed plugged in today, because I knew they needed me to do so. But for now, I am going to unplug for a while and recharge my own batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment