Queen

Queen

Friday, December 10, 2010

Pearls of Wisdom

It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you, without a dope blog to step to. That was for my hip hop officianatos. I only know it thanks to my brother. Anyway, it has been a long time since I've posted because I am without a car now and I am walking more than I have in a long time. So, I've been exhausted, too exhausted to write. Don't worry, I'm getting in shape. Yes, I am without a car, and I thank my Father the Mighty King that I am in an area with really good public transportation. I still have some challenges to work out, but my Father the Mighty King never lets me down. I know this is His plan to whip me into shape physically and mentally, and to keep me humble.I've missed writing on here, I just couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to write something worth reading. But I feel energized right now, so I'm taking advantage of it.

The area where I work and about seven miles on the way to it, is surrounded by a lot of hills. Whenever I would pass them, I would think how lovely the scenery would be if the hills weren't covered in this awful brown grass. I couldn't understand it. It has rained at least 20 days out of the 78 days I've been here. How could those darn hills still be brown? Must be the refinery I thought. Man always ruins nature. Then today, while I was on the train I saw the most amazing thing, green grass sprouting up all over those hills everywhere, almost over night! What the what? Can you imagine the inspiration I got from that?

Things immediately became clear to me. The first thing is that my Father the Mighty King can turn any  ugly situation into a thing of beauty by breathing new life into what seemed dead. It a message from my Father the Mighty King that this is a time of renewal, not just for the grass, but for His daughter too. Sometimes for  new life to begin, all the things that do not promote growth and forward movement must go. That car had carried me as far as it would go. It's time to transfer.

I've spoken before about letting go, and that's because I realize that it is one of the hardest things to do. We get caught up in "traditions" or the illusions of what happiness is, and sometimes it's simply habit.  We become what we think is content, but is really complacent. Walking in the cold and rain and waiting endlessly on bus stops has made me realize that we can't get too comfortable if we want to continue to grow and progress, whether it be mentally, spiritually, physically, or even financially. Being uncomfortable inspires us, or should inspire us, to do something to change the situation. That's why I guess I get so fired up when there is injustice and no one stands up to do anything about it. I wonder if everyone is comfortable with how things are. Are you ok with child abuse? Does it not bother you that people are homeless or hungry? Well, I for one am not at all comfortable with any of that. But I digress.

It's like a pearl. When an irritant like a tiny stone or sand gets inside the mollusks shell, let's say an oyster, a lustrous substance, called nacre, is secreted around the object to protect the soft internal surface of the mollusk. As layer upon layer of nacre coats the irritant, a pearl is formed. Nature always gives the perfect example for life. When we are "irritated" by something, someone, or some situation, we seek to protect ourselves. A pearl, which is considered very rare and highly valued when it occurs naturally, is change. The mollusk was uncomfortable and did something to change that situation.

So, I will not complain about my current situation because I know it could be worse, and I know it is a necessary step to creating my pearl. My Father the Mighty King turned those ugly brown hills into beautiful green rolling hills, how much more will He do for His daughter whom He loves, and is preparing for the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment