Queen

Queen

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Make Way for a Positive Day

Holidays always make me think of the lonely, poor, and downtrodden. It may sound dark, but all of the excess, the gifts, the food, the decorations, makes me wonder what people who have no family or friends, or who can't afford the overpriced goods are doing. I know for some, it's difficult to watch all of the good cheer when life is so challenging for them. Staying positive in the face of trials can seem impossible, but this is exactly when we need to kick the positive vibrations up a few notches.

Think of the universe as the ocean. There are waves coming in and out, up and down. Some waves are surf able, some are barely noticeable ripples. But waves have crests (peaks) and valleys, and they keep moving. But what causes waves? Wind. The size of the wave depends on the velocity of the wind. Think of our energy as the wind. Positive energy is like increased wind speed. So the more positive your energy, the bigger your crest will be. When we're in the valleys of life, we just need to increase our positivity to get out. I know some of you think this is a bunch of new age nonsense, but it's just a metaphor for something I have found to be true.

How does one increase positivity when everything seems to be going wrong? You've heard it before, gratitude. I think when most people hear this, they think, I'm thankful for what I have, but I'm not more positive. If you take the time to actually sit and make a list of everything for which you have to be grateful, even the barely noticeable ripples, you'd be surprised how quickly a smile will appear on your face. For instance, if I just look at a picture of my nephew, it brings me joy. I think of the fun times we have together and the sweet and precocious things he says, and I'm almost laughing! The process of listing every little thing, makes us really think about all of the good and positive things and people in our lives.

Taking time to do things that make us feel good or bring us joy is a must. As you know, music does that for me. Music is so powerful it's mystical. It increases brain function, it causes the body to move (at least for me), and it can often change your mood, thoughts, and outlook. There are even certain tones that can change brainwaves! Music is a gift, it definitely goes on my list. Writing also helps me. I may not be the best writer, but I tend to express myself better in writing, and it helps me change negative energy into positive. When I write this blog, I try my best to be positive, so it forces me to find a positive way to express whatever negative thoughts I may be having. Writing, then, becomes therapy.

One of the biggest ways to gain positivity is to take the focus off of ourselves, and put it on others. When you realize there are those much worse off than you all around the world, you should be grateful. Once you decide to try to help make life even the tiniest bit better for someone else, positive energy returns because you are fulfilling your purpose here on earth, to serve your brothers and sisters. Have I told you before that we're all connected? Helping others, then, is helping yourself. I encourage everyone to remember the lonely, poor, and downtrodden, everyday, but especially during the holidays, even if you are one of them yourself. We're in this together. Love, light, and positive energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment