Queen

Queen

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Journey Thus Far

Today is yet another day for reflection and appreciation. I celebrate another revolution around the Sun. Rastas call it my "Earth Strong" or the day I came to earth and was strong enough to survive...it's my birthday. Everyday is my birthday so I always give thanks, but it's nice to have a day when friends, family, and loved ones celebrate your existence with you. It is also a good time to do a check in.


These past 365 days have been full. I have met some great people, heard some great music, learned some great lessons. I have been challenged, grown spiritually and emotionally, and encountered both disappointment and opportunity. I am pleased with some of the growth I've done because I have learned the importance of knowing how to pick my battles and when to let things go. Forgiveness has become a big part of my life as I recognize we are all doing the best we can at any given moment.


What's more important to me right now than what I have done is what I will do. Life doesn't always turn out the way we hope, but that doesn't mean it can't still be great. I intend to live more in the moment. Living in the moment is about enjoying, appreciating and being aware of everything and everyone around you in that moment. I have found that living this way lessens the "disappointments" in life because I am better able to see the joys and blessings.


I also intend to make service of others a bigger part of my life. I admit that sometimes I fight it because I feel pulled in many directions by many people, but perhaps that's because that's my purpose. My philosophy is "To serve you is to serve Jah (the Most High)".  While serving, I hope to express my love and appreciation more. I find knowing I'm loved and appreciated makes me feel good, so it must do the same for others too. Finally, I am putting full efforts into eliminating my ego and being myself fully regardless of others' opinions. It is not always easy...but it is certainly necessary. I'm telling you all of this so that you can check me if I slip.


I am grateful for all who have shown me love, kindness, support, friendship, and encouragement. I give thanks. Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment