Queen

Queen

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Patience

It's been some time now since I've posted as I have been meeting with my Father the Mighty King. These were tougher conversations this time because I have been badgering H.I.M. for answers. He finally reminded me what I do when children constantly ask me 'why' 'when' 'what' in their sing songy whine. I just tell them they need to be patient and trust me, and the more they whine, the less I am inclined to answer. I could only laugh because my Father is giving me some of my own medicine. So I am sitting, and waiting.

My problem is that I don't have enough positive outside stimulation to give my mind a rest. I then ponder the cares or carelessness of the world much too deeply and it causes me a bit of anxiety. In my heart I  know that we as a race, the human race, have what it takes to make positive changes in the world, we just have to have the courage to take a step. We only need to each take one step forward to get the wheels of change in motion.  There's only a very small few who think they're in power. We can take them. It may just be a matter of saying no, or yes. You may just have to let go of old things or feelings, or thoughts. Lent started yesterday. As a woman who was raised catholic, I know all about the Lenten season. Most people have lost the original concept of lent. They give up things that they like because they think they have to suffer for forty days like Jesus did. Traditionally you fast for 40 days, or give up eating anything bearing life
I think the more evolved idea is that if you would suffer for the loss of the thing you give up, it is no good for you and you should give it up for good. God is a jealous God, He doesn't want you desiring something more than you desire Him. He wants you to take 40 days to focus on Him instead of the things you think you can't live without. If it doesn't come directly from God, you don't need it. I would challenge people to give up negative habits like not giving your child enough attention, or ignoring homeless people, or not caring for the environment. They say that if you can do something for 21 days, you can do it for a lifetime. That's only half of lent!

But I no longer celebrate lent. I find it better to give up bad things/habits and begin good habits on a daily basis. Once a year for 40 days doesn't last for me. I am no longer worrying and being impatient and I am working on strengthening my faith that my Father the Mighty King has the best in store for me, in His time. So I sit, and I wait, patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment