Queen

Queen

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Forward, forward

I just had a birthday a few days ago, and birthdays always put me in a reflective mood. So as I was looking back on the past year, I realized I had gone through quite a bit, but I survived. I know a lot of people who are going through some things right now that they have no idea how they will get through. I have learned from experience that nothing is ever as bad as it seems, and it can always be worse. After my reflection of things gone bad, I started to think about how I made it through. Prayer, patience, and gratitude are the words that keep popping into my head.

The last two years have been rough, and last year was the worse. I went through a lot of painful things, things I had to endure alone, with my Father the Mighty King, and somethings only He and I knew about. It was a lonely, fearful, and painful time. My relationship with my Father the Mighty King and my life were threatened. It was then that I learned who my real friends were, and that of those, even they can't comfort you sometimes. People don't realize that telling a person how they were at fault or what they could have done better is better received once a person has healed or at least gotten to a place where they can look at a matter from their heads instead of from the pain in their hearts.It is not a comfort to tell a person that what they are going through is no big deal when they are in the middle of feeling pain. It's like Bob Marley said, "Every man think that his burden is the heaviest."

I had to find joy and comfort in every little thing. But first, I had to want to be healed. I had to want to get through the pain. Wanting the pain to be over and wanting to get through it are two different things. When you just want it to be over, it doesn't matter how it ends. When you want to get through it, you want to heal. Once I was able to want to heal, I consciously allowed every little joy, positivity, good news or event to make me feel like everything was going to be alright. Music worked best for me. It has always been a joy to me, but this time it saved my life. Groundation was the group responsible for my healing, and their song "Groundation Chant" started it all. I don't know why this music had such a powerful impact on me, but it did, and I am thankful. People who know me well know that I am crazy about this group, but none of them know why. For the last year I have listened primarily to Groundation and Bob Marley in my car or ipod. Bob Marley's music was the first to have such a powerful and positive effect on my life, and that hadn't happened again until Groundation came along. Give thanks Groundation. But this isn't an homage to Groundation (maybe some other time). This is what helped me start to heal.

The point is, I was inspired to make a fresh start. I give thanks daily for every blessing, and I see a blessing in everything. I even saw being laid off as an opportunity to do something new, in a new place. Those around me who couldn't help me heal, but cared nonetheless encouraged me and loved me, and that gave me strength and courage. When you are in pain or going through a rough time, you must go deep within to find the will to be happy. You have to want to get through it, and you will find ways to feel joy and peace. I recently read a quote by Arthur Rubinstein that said, "To be alive, to able to see, to walk…it’s all a miracle. I have adapted the technique of living life from miracle to miracle." Give thanks for another year, what a miracle.





No comments:

Post a Comment