Queen

Queen

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Autobiography of YOU

I had a very interesting conversation with a friend yesterday and he said, "We are are writing our own books with the lives we live right now." I love that! Of course as someone who loves to write and who loves books, I would love it. It made me wonder, what if we knew from birth that at some point we would have to write our own book about our lives. We would then have the opportunity to live the lives we want portrayed in that book. What type of character would you be? A hero? A villain? Would have the courage to do the things you are afraid to do now?

I like to observe people, their habits and speech. I watch how they behave in different situations. Have you ever been around a female when she's on the phone and can automatically tell she's talking to a male that's she's probably interested in? Her voice gets light and flirty and she laughs with a girly laugh. Working with youth, I always chuckle a little to myself when I am talking to a parent with their child present and the child becomes the most respectful and mannerable child alive, when five minutes earlier they were talking back and throwing food. People act differently when others are watching or when they're trying to impress someone. If we knew we were writing our own book for all to read, would we adjust our behavior? Would we engage in random acts of kindness, read more, dance more, fear less, try to do something that would positively impact the world? What kind of story do you want to tell? Is it a love story, action adventure, comedy? Maybe you would try to cure cancer or create world peace. Perhaps you would put your heart on the line and tell that person you love them. Or, would you travel to all the places you've wanted to go creating connections around the world? If you knew you had to write your own book, what information would you want to pass on?

I would do what I love and love what I do. I would want to inspire people to greatness and to unity. I would build a strong relationship with my Father the Mighty King. I would tell those I love how I feel and not worry about how it makes me look. I would live my life like I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I would write, guide young minds, listen to great music, eat healthy, dance, sing, and love myself, just as I am. Hmmm, I'm already doing those things. That's because I, just like you, am writing my own book with the life I live right now. When we leave here, there will be someone to tell our story, many someones. They will all have different versions and chapters to tell, and it will be the book we are writing right now. This isn't a rough draft, it's a final draft, but if you're still here, you have some pages left to change the story if you don't like what you have written so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment