Queen

Queen

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Joy

Joy is a blessing because it is permanent. Unlike happiness which requires specific events or things to occur and thus is fleeting, joy remains because it is rooted in something that cannot be moved; truth. Whatever the truth is for you, if your faith in it carries you through the trials and tribulations, you will experience joy. My truth is my Father the Mighty King, my ancestry, my roots, knowledge of self. Regardless of what is transpiring in my daily life, my truth always leads me back to joy.

Don't misinterpret this to mean that you will always feel joy, but it is always present. This is a comfort to me because I have gotten into the habit of reminding myself that I have joy so that I can feel it once again when those miscreant intruders try to steal it. You know me, I'll just throw in one of my favorite Cd's and sing and dance my way back into joy. Writing is also a joy to me, although I am beginning to think I am not that good at it. I mean I know I can write a good sentence, but really good writing is compelling and elicits response. Then again, I am only beginning to put real focus on my writing, so that may change. Nevertheless, it brings me joy.

I guess I am writing about joy today because sometimes I feel schizophrenic. How can I feel betrayed, hurt, and angry, one minute, and elated the next? But I have so conditioned my mind to find joy in all the little things that it goes into autopilot in those situations. Once the youth arrive to my program, I am thrown back into my own childhood, which was filled with joy. When that Groundation song comes on that reminds me that "We are not the losing hand" I remember the legacy handed down to me by my Father the Mighty King.
I am thankful for all the little joys because stacked together they stand taller and stronger than the biggest tribulation.

What brings you joy? If you don't know, you need to research it. Happy feelings are wonderful, but they fade. Once the party's over, and you're back to your regular life, what will sustain you? Children are a joy, family is joy, life is joy. Bathe yourself in joy, let it soak into your pores, drink it and let it into your bloodstream, chant it into your brain and spirit so that it will never leave you. I may not always be happy, but I will always have joy. Be in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment