Queen

Queen

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Love is the Season

Holidays are mixed with so many different emotions and attitudes. Some people seem to feel an extra sense of gratitude, generosity, and family, while others tend to lean towards grumpy, lonely, and bitter. Either way, a day or season shouldn't have such a dramatic effect on your personality. We should always be grateful, generous, and family oriented, and we should never let anything or anyone change our outlook, mood, or countenance.

I speak from experience as I remember the stress of the holiday season especially when it comes to family gathering. But I recognize, this year, that the past only repeats itself if I keep bringing it up in my thoughts and emotions. As soon as I convince myself that I am surrounded by love and peace, that is what I tend to give, and therefore get. It's not easy, but it certainly is worth it.

I am working on letting others' opinions, words, and actions, slip away because I know it is more about what's going on with them than me. I don't make new years resolutions generally, but I am determined to keep love, peace, and positivity as my of life. I will immediately change  my thoughts from negative to positive, I will be kind and pleasant to everyone I encounter, and I will encourage you to do the same. Please check me if I slip.


We shouldn't expect others to be the bigger person when we are just as capable. Don't let someone else set the tone, be the leader, the lover, and set it, even if they start with being mean, selfish, or rude. If you want love or peace, you must come from that place regardless of where the other person comes from. Let everyday be a holiday. Love is the way, love is the day, love is the answer to every question. LOVE and Light.

1 comment: