Queen

Queen

Monday, May 16, 2011

Stop the Madness!


I don't know about any of you, but I have just about had it with all of the hate in this world. It's so second nature to people these days that they don't even recognize that that's what they are doing. My day started with conversations over who's superior again. Later in the day I had to read about some psychologist who thinks black women are the least attractive women in the world. Well thanks, but you can go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here. When is this supremacy madness going to stop?
To those of you out there who are screaming for equal rights and justice, do you know what it means to be equal and just? Some of you say you want equality, but what you really want is to switch positions with those in so-called power. All of this talk about we're good and they're wicked is no different than when your oppressors say you're lesser and we're more. Perhaps you've decided that the way to gain power is to be like those in power. Well, when you gain the world, then what? I hear so-called conscious people talk of a superior heritage and a superior Creator, and in the same breath say, "but He's my God, not yours." Now, I really take offense to this because you are limiting the power of my Father by suggesting that He is not the creator and ruler of ALL.You want H.I.M. all to yourself, well guess what, you belong to H.I.M., not the other way around.

There is so much hate in the world that people are actually taking offense to kind gestures. If I act or speak from the heart with nothing but loving intentions, I get chastised for not doing so in the manner another deems acceptable. Now my brothers and sisters have become my oppressors. Why is it that some people believe that in order to love yourself, you must hate others?  Then you are no better than your oppressors. We can both be great. Do you really think that peace comes from switching positions? You ask, "why do I have to be the one to forgive?" Well, if you are superior, then it has to be you because it takes a person/people of strength to forgive so that peace can prevail. This has to stop somewhere.

Every war that has ever occurred was about one country, race, religion, political party thinking they are superior to the other. We are all the same with different strengths and weakness. We come from the same Father. Those of you who preach equal rights and justice, don't really want it because if you had it, you would no longer have fodder for your soap box upon which you enjoy pontificating. Stop the superiority complexes, stop the hate, stop the madness!

2 comments:

  1. For some of us, I think its easier to visualize equality than others. I mean, it must have been hard for civil rights workers to visualize sitting at a lunch counter with the clerk at Woolworth's who for years has refused to allow them entrance, or with the cop who sprayed them with the fire hose. Society and history teaches us that we should be looking to "conquer" them in a similar way to how other territories have been "conquered". But we have very few examples of the principle of love being put forth in practice, especially on a large scale. That doesn't mean that those who can't envision a world of love as not wanting equality, but they may have further to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that just because one can't envision a world of love doesn't mean they don't want equality. I am not advocating any method for achieving equality, as history has shown that sometimes a people must physically fight for justice. I am speaking to the idea that equality means role revearsal, the oppressed becoming the oppressor. Equality means equal, not one over another. I give thanks for your comments as I think many have forgotten what kind of struggle and sacrifices it takes for real change to occur.

    ReplyDelete