Queen

Queen

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Being the Change

I keep thinking about the John Mayer song "Waiting on the World to Change." I never liked that song because I disagreed with everything it says. Hasn't John Mayer ever heard Gandhi's quote "Be the change you want to see in the world?" I'm elated to see the thousands of people who are no longer waiting on the world to change, but creating change. All of the people occupying America, all of the people fighting for justice for their brothers and sisters, all of the people who are battling world hunger, and all of you who are defending the children, I salute you and give thanks.

It gives me great pride to see my brothers and sisters standing up for their rights, and in a peaceful manner. I offer up two pieces of advice. The first is to figure out the next steps. Now that we are occupying the country, especially Wall Street, how do we ensure we get the specific changes we seek? In fact, what are the specific changes we seek? These are the questions we should ask ourselves. I think one way to show the elite we mean business is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets. We need to shut down consumerism. Stop buying their products they claim we can't live without. Refuse to put more dollars in their pockets. Sometimes I think that if we refuse to vote for any of them until changes are made, they would see we mean business. I'm not sure if either of these will work, but I am sure that we must begin to think beyond occupation. These are serious movements that I have not seen in this country in my lifetime. Dr. King would be proud.

The next piece of advice that I offer is to make sure that your mind, body, and spirit are occupied by love, peace, justice, intelligence, and rationality. As Groundation says, "They want to control with violency." We should make sure that is not our way. One thing our government is very prepared for and highly skilled at is violence. That's not how we will win the battle. They have the big weapons and still control the system. Our biggest weapon is peaceful resistance because they still need us to make their money and keep their power. It takes more strength, courage, and character to refrain from violence than to engage in it. I don't want to see any of my brothers and sisters hurt.

Our children are receiving good lessons and witnessing history. They will be the generation who will finish the fight and perfect the change. They are seeing that even the smallest effort is huge. One man, woman, or child, can make a big difference.From spreading the word and getting vital information to the masses, or inspiring others, helping one person eat, showing one person you care to protesting, publicly speaking out, and risk of arrest, there's always something one can do. So I give thanks to all of you soldiers for justice. Be of good courage and don't give up. I leave you with some wise words I recently read, "I think some will be driven out, and some will be pushed together, but with the bond of Truth and Rights we, those who come with love in their hearts for ALL, will stand dominant." ~Harrison Stafford  Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment