Queen

Queen

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Rising of a Queen: Year One

Today marks one year since I took my first step in my journey towards the throne and moved 400 miles north of family and friends. I am, therefore, in a reflective mood. A friend told me I "bare my soul" well in this blog. It's funny, that wasn't my intention, but a blog about this journey of mine is bound to be revealing. So  this question comes to mind; what have I learned and/or accomplished this past year? Hmmm, well a lot has certainly transpired, both good, and not as good. I think I can certainly say the good outweighs the not so good. But have I learned anything? Have I gotten any closer to the throne? This past year has definitely been a roller coaster ride, many ups and downs, highs and lows. I've learned that the lows weren't that low, and the highs, well they were pretty high.

During the coldest and wettest winter of my life, I was without a car or the finances to get one, then one was given to me. Many of the people I've come in contact with haven't been very friendly, and I don't really fit in in my new neighborhood. I haven't made many friends that I can spend time with, but one friend I made enabled me to meet and spend time with some very lovely and friendly people who just happen to be my favorite band. That experience alone has made this move worth it. Although I have spent a great deal of time alone, it has meant plenty of time to pick my writing back up. I'm not sure if I've gotten any better at it, but the inspiration is definitely there. Things seem to always balance out. I guess one lesson is that when life doesn't seem to be going your way, be patient and have faith that life is happening that way for a reason; to make way for something even better.

Preparations for the throne include self evaluation and improvement, adjustment of my attitude and outlook, paying attention to that voice inside of me, the voice of my Father the Mighty King, increasing my faith, positivity, confidence, and knowledge, and knowing myself. I have overcome fears, recognized weaknesses, and gotten closer to my Father. I still have many miles to travel, but now that He knows I am serious, my Father has revealed a great deal more of the path to me that I am to follow. If we pay attention to what's going on around us in nature, with other people, society, our heads and hearts, we can see and hear what the universe or Higher Power is trying to tell us. I've learned that not everyone will be able to see what I see, or understand it, and some may call me crazy, so I keep much of it to myself.

In this year, I've noticed many changes in myself spiritually, mentally, and physically. I don't know if it's age, the different environment, or could I be getting wiser? Maybe it's all of those. I'm a seeker of wisdom. I never feel wise so I always look for answers as well as questions. I like to surround myself with people who are more intelligent about the things I need to learn more about. Everyone has something they can teach us. I learned that from working with youth. They get a bum rap. People dismiss them because of their age, but with age does not necessarily come wisdom. Some wisdom leaves us as we age. We get wrapped up in worldly meaningless pursuits and forget the keys to happiness that were given to us at birth. Age doesn't bring wisdom, we have to seek it, continually. The first place to start is within ourselves.

Everything we need to be happy, to succeed, to make a beautiful life is inside of us already. We create the reality in which we live. I used to think that some people make life happen while others let life happen to them. The truth is, we make the life we live with all the things we do, say, and think, as well as all we don't do, say, or think. Now this is a lesson a few people have tried to teach me a while ago, but I was not in the right place mentally, spiritually, and physically to understand it. So in that respect, this move was not only a good decision, but a necessary one. There are goals, hopes, and dreams that I have neglected that will now receive my full attention because I am now aware that I can bring them to fruition without waiting for the "right" time, people, or circumstances. The time is now, I am the person, and circumstances are inconsequential. I give thanks to the few of you who have been following this blog. I do bare my soul a bit in it and your interest is honored. I wish you Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment