Queen

Queen

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blessed Be the Ties that Bind

I had so many things that I wanted to blog about that I had a difficult time deciding which to choose. Once I gave it some thought, I realized that it all came down to connections. We are all connected, true, but we feel certain connections more strongly than we do others. I have a theory about that. Everything is energy and was all once the same energy, coming from the same source. Once this energy dispersed, we began vibrating on slightly different frequencies. Stay with me here. Some of us are on or closer to the same vibrational frequency with each other than we are with others and that's why we gravitate towards each other. This may be a little out there for some of you, but think about how we describe certain connections we have. We "vibe" well with each other. We're on the same "wave length". I like his "energy".  I know the source of this energy to be divine. Whether or not you buy into this theory of mine, there's no denying that some connections are stronger than others. I'm not going to concentrate too much on this theory, rather, what it means and what we do with it.

Family connections are much more than DNA. They are also shared experiences, heritage, culture, traditions, interests, beliefs, and so on. These things bind us to one another. This is why I say your family is who you make it. These are the people you love outwardly, forgive infinitely, help selflessly, and enjoy effortlessly, right? They should be. We should, of course, do these things for one another regardless of our connection, but for those we are bound to, it should be even easier.  What I've seen far too often, however, is quite the opposite. "We hurt the ones we love most" is a phrase I hate. It doesn't even make sense. If you love someone, wouldn't your instinct be to do everything possible NOT to hurt them? You see, here's what's left off of that phrase, "because we take their love and forgiveness for granted." We think that these ties that bind us are impenetrable. But are they?

I've watched many people say 'until death do us part' and then watched them walk away, still alive! I've seen parents sacrifice to raise their children as best they could only to grow old and be deserted by those same children, and that is a relationship bound by DNA! Why do we take these ties for granted? We live in a world that asks so much of us. People want money, degrees, experience, talent. They want you to look this way and act that way, believe this, and feel that. When someone loves you for you, despite you, why would you reject, ignore, or mistreat that person?  When someone wants to spend time with you, wants to know how you are and what you've been up to, it's a sign that they care about you. We spend more time trying to please and impress those who couldn't care less if we are happy or miserable, successful or failures, live or die. Yet, we expect the ties we have made to withstand abuse, and still be bound when we need them.

I don't always honor the ties I have the best I can because I let life and my own needs get in the way. I do value them, however, and if they reach out to me, I will be there as best I can. It saddens me to see people mistreat each other, but it is even more disheartening when I watch love get shined away like a smudge and ties get whittled away to nothing. I've been on the receiving end of that shining far too often so I take care not to do the same. Honor your parents, they gave you life. Honor your siblings, they helped you become who you are. Honor your friendships, love relationships, and other connections, they happened for a reason. Stop treating each other with disdain and disregard. These ties that bind us are so much bigger than any dispute, grudge, or selfish pursuit. We will, all of us be reunited on the same vibration one day, and that will mean complete harmony. These ties are the beginning of that reunion. Blessed be the ties that bind. Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment