Queen

Queen

Friday, February 24, 2012

Hidden

Being in the background, the support, the crew, has always seemed to be my role. I've acquiesced to this role because I know I am here to serve. Not everyone, after all, can have the leading role. Yes, I figured it was my job to help others shine. But deep inside, I've always known that I have something great to offer, a voice that needed to be heard.  Lately, I've been ready to step into a different role, but my talents are being dismissed.  I'm not trying to be an actor, singer, or dancer. I'm simply trying to offer my gift to the world in whatever form it is meant to manifest. But I seem to be hidden in the best hiding place in the world, and no one is seeking.
It's partially my own doing for taking the supporting role for so many years. I still think I can shine in a supporting role...hey there's even an Oscar for it. But I feel invisible sometimes. I wonder if I'm not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough. Today, I saw a video in which Tyler Perry talked about this very subject, and he explained that perhaps being hidden for a time is in divine order. Sometimes we have lessons to learn, preparations to make, or maybe even experiences to miss. What he said has made me feel a little better about being hidden because I know my time to shine will come.

I've hidden myself in a lot of ways. I've held back my intelligence because I was told as a youth that it intimidates many people, particularly boys/men. I've dressed modestly because I was told it was virtuous...of course the same men who told me that seek out women who dress sexy. I have even held back my feelings so as not to scare anyone off.  So I'm used to being hidden, but I'm am preparing myself for a reveal. My time to shine is coming, and I will be ready.

Now, don't look for me to be headlining big venues, making acceptance speeches, or gracing the cover of Forbes magazine. I'm not looking for fame or even fortune. I am seeking greatness. I want to do something great for humanity, even if it's one person. For now, I will remain hidden, quietly serving and awaiting my turn. One day, you will all look up and notice me as though you're seeing me for the first time. I'm about to make some moves, and believe me...I've got moves you've never seen. Peace and blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment