Queen

Queen

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Unwritten...

I've been unplugged for the last couple of days, mentally, spiritually, and electronically. I lost  my connection because I allowed my ego to take control for a bit. I forgot my mission to be happy and positive no matter what. In other words, I let others' opinions of me affect me. Then today, a song came into my head that reminded me who I am...a work in progress.

I consider myself a good person because I try to do what is right, fair, and considerate of others. I try to be supportive and helpful when I can. I may not always succeed, but the intention is there. Good, bad, ugly, annoying, perplexing, naive, loving, forgiving...I am me.  I live my life out loud with arms wide open ready to receive love and lessons. There is too much joy to feel in the world to get caught up on egos, fears, and insecurities. No one should have to apologize for being who they are at any moment in time because that's all they can be at that moment. What they can apologize for is what they do that negatively effects others...then learn the lesson.


I realize that some may be overwhelmed or uncomfortable with how freely I show love, especially when they fail to reciprocate. For me, showing love also means helping others see areas they can strengthen. I do this directly rather than complain about it behind their backs, otherwise  nothing changes. It would feel nice to receive the love I give , but it is not necessary for me. I am content with loving because I know that when someone doesn't love me, or show love to me, it has more to do with them than it does with me.


Everyday is a new beginning. Yesterday does not have to define you. Sure, many may hold on to yesterday and label you with it, but anyone who doesn't take the time to get to know the ever evolving person in front of them today, at this moment, will always misjudge you. But all we can do is let them be who they are. I won't apologize for living life with fervor, loving people with passion, or for looking at every experience as a joyful miracle. Every morning when I open my eyes, I see a blank page, and as a writer, that's like food. Today I'm writing a new chapter...but the rest is still unwritten. Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment