Queen

Queen

Monday, November 8, 2010

Be Thankful

Are you ever satisfied? Do you feel fortunate for all that you have, or do you believe you need to have more for that to be true? Lately, I've been so thankful for my modest life that I find myself singing and dancing. I live in a much smaller place, I make over $20k less than what I was making, I haven't made any real friends yet, it's much colder here than back home, and I can hardly find any vegan food. But, I don't share walls or a roof nestled here in this natural setting, I am able to fashion a program for youth from my own ideas and creativity-with no concern about numbers, I have become much more outgoing and assertive in my quest to meet new people, I am able to see actual seasons in this climate, and I am becoming a much more accomplished cook. I am so grateful for all of the changes, thank you Father, the Mighty King, Most High Jah.
I didn't used to get it. I was so trapped by misery that I couldn't see my way out to notice all the things I have for which to be grateful. Now that I am in this vibration, I am more aware of how much other people look and sound like I once did. I think it's because people are always seeking more; more money, more things, more status, more companionship, more love, more everything. They don't even see how much they already have. I don't have any children, and I would love to have at least one. Almost all of my friends have children. Some of them complain about not being able to have a life because of them, not having enough money because of their children's needs, some even wish they had never met the child's other parent, which of course would mean the child would never have been born. Children are a gift. They teach us and give us so much. I am thankful for all of the children, especially the ones who have entered my life in any way.
I hear people complain about work that needs to be done on their car or to their house, and I laugh because I remember how they worked their butts off, sacrificed, prayed, and and rejoiced to get that very car or house. It makes me think about what Bob Marley said, "Now you get what you want, do you want more?"
I don't think I'm better than anyone, not at all. I only speak on things I have done or been through myself. That phrase, "sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees" rang true for me a very short while ago, and I know it will take effort to keep that bell from ringing again.
Give thanks to the Creator, Higher Power, universe, whom or whatever you know as your truth, and if you don't believe in a higher power, give thanks to whomever helped you get or achieve all the things for which you most definitely have to be grateful, even if it's to your trainer for good health. We have so much in this country, so much that we waste more than other countries have. If you are able to read this blog, that means you have access to a computer and the Internet, so you are not doing too badly at all. For that, I give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment