Queen

Queen

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Negativity, the child of Fear

Ok, I gotta post twice today because this situation is related to this morning's post. Negativity. Lose it. I'm not talking just about yourself, I mean about others as well. I know, I do it too, but hearing from someone else about another who is just seeking happiness, even if it's not in the most productive way, just brings the fire up inside me. Negativity is negativity no matter if it's directed toward yourself or someone else. It's effect on you will be the same, negative.
You ever wonder why sometimes though you work hard you don't get promoted, you eat right and exercise, yet your health is poor, you love hard, and get no love in return? Could it be that though you're positive about your own life, you belittle another's? Have you ever said, 'so and so will never find a woman because he is too  lazy or selfish'? Or maybe you've uttered, 'she should never wear purple, it makes her look like barney.' Well, when things are going badly in your life, think back and say a prayer for forgiveness if you have said or done anything less than positive towards or about another.

The author Michael Prichard said, "Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed." So when you are being negative, there must be something you're afraid of creating that negativity. Check yourself. Are you afraid that if someone else succeeds or finds happiness that it would reflect badly on you? Would it show your shortcoming somehow? Would it make you feel badly about yourself, or envious? When a negative thought comes to your head, immediately ask yourself, 'what am I afraid of?'

Most of us are doing the best we can with what we have. Even if we aren't doing the best we are capable of doing, it's the best we can do at the time until we face some truths and change things around. There are people who I care about deeply, but they aggravate the heck out of me sometimes, but I love them and I wish the best for them. The best includes love, peace, joy, wisdom, and understanding. I help as much as I can,  but they have to do their part, so I just pray for them. Remember what Groundation said, "If you wish, please wish them well."

No comments:

Post a Comment