Queen

Queen

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Step out on Faith

As a queen, one must blaze trails, set the example, show the possibilities. This is not something I've just learned, I am just now starting to accept it and put it into practice. I'm starting with baby steps. Although I am considered an extroverted and dynamic personality, believe or not, I get shy and hesitant around new people. I just never know how they receive me, I have a big personality. But when one is in a situation like I am where you really don't know anyone, it's kind of a go big or go home scenario. So I ventured out and met some new people. It was a good experience.

I am inspired now to pull myself out of my comfort zone and explore even more things that might have intimidated or even scared me in the past. There are so many things that I want to do in life, so many things that I am supposed  to do in life, and I have curled up in the corner with my head covered long enough. Why does fear have such a hold on us? What, really, is the worst that can happen? I mean fears are for the most part irrational. I'm not talking about being afraid of a gunman in your office, that's real. I'm talking about the unknown, that which has not, and may not happen. Many people have a fear of failure, some a fear of success, or maybe even both. Why else would we not at least try to accomplish goals, dreams, and aspirations we've long held.

There are many things that I would love to do or accomplish, and I am well equiped to do so. But as we get older, fear gets bigger. We see or go through tough times and we do all we can to avoid being there, even live a less fulfilling, less purpose filled life. There's a saying that if you do what you love, you'll love what you do. We all know it's true. But we still resist. It's money. People worry about making enough money to survive. When people are unemployed, they put a lot of time, effort, and energy into finding another job. Why not put that same time, effort, and energy into finding a way to do what you've always wanted to do, and  pay the bills too? That's what entertainers and athletes do.

So, my next mission as an emerging queen, is to set the example and start finding a way to do at least one of the many things I've always wanted to do. No more fear! I'm going to live the best life possible. No one can dissuade me, no nay sayers, no negative nellies. I've seen what can happen in a small way by the tiniest effort, so no one can tell me differently. Today is the day you should start living your dream. Start by doing one small thing you've been afraid to do, and tell me how that made you feel. I bet it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment