Queen

Queen

Friday, November 12, 2010

Sending my love to ya

I've been thinking about love lately. I love many people in many different ways for many different reasons. I even love people I've never met before. I try not to categorize love like the system (babylon) tries to get us to do. You know how they tell us that there is love you have for family, love you have for friends, love you have for a spouse or lover. Love is love. However you try to qualify it, it comes from the same place, the Most High. I usually try to leave room for those of you who don't believe in a higher power to relate to what I'm saying, but in this post I must inject my  truth. The only reason we are even capable of love, the only reason we even know what love feels like, is because the Most High, God, Buddha Allah, the Great Spirit, Jah, my Father the Mighty King, whatever you choose to call Him, loved us first. That's it, I'm not going to proselytize.


But I do want to focus on love, how and who we love. I am wondering, how many people are able to give unconditional love? It's not easy. Some people make it difficult for us to love them, but then I've realized that they are usually the people who need  love most. Often people who are difficult are lonely, sad, embittered, weary, lost, missing something in their lives. If you can't stand to be around them enough to show them love, then just pray for them. If you don't pray, wish them well, if you don't wish, think a good thought about them or for them. The best way to love someone is to desire good things for them.


I've loved, and still do, some people who could not find the courage to love me. They may have said they loved me (and some didn't) but their actions were quite the opposite.  "My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." (1John 3:19-KJV). In other words, actions speak louder than words. For me, once I love someone, a part of me always will love them. I may no longer associate with them, but I pray for their happiness and well being, and often for their correction. I know a lot of people stay in abusive relationships (physical, verbal, and emotional) or relationships that are not going where they desire, simply because they love the individual. Who says you have to be with them in order to love them? Conversely, you don't have to stop loving them just because you are no longer with them. Before you can love anyone, you have to love yourself first, and getting out of that situation is showing yourself some love. When the bible says 'love your neighbor as yourself,' it is calling on you to love yourself, not to treat your neighbor as crappy as you treat yourself.

I also find myself loving people I've never met because of the love I feel they have shown me and the world. I love Bob Marley for the message he shared in his music. I love him for sharing his talent with the world and being a messenger and ambassador of love, peace, and oneness. I find myself loving Harrison Stafford for the same reasons.  I hope to find many more angels whom I can love just like I love them. I love my childhood friends on facebook because we seem to pick up where we left off. We recognize the bonds our youthful experiences created and we hold them close and keep them up. The same goes for my college and past work friends. I love my rasta brothers and sisters for the love and strength they give me. I love them even when they fail to give it because I know they would if they could. These relationships keep me on facebook (Jah knows I was leaving until my elementary school friend found me).

I don't always show my love, for that I ask forgiveness. People who love me don't always show me, for that I forgive them. People I haven't met don't know I love them, and that's ok. But if you didn't know, let me tell you that I love you. This is my love letter to YOU. My question, who do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment